Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Deceived

Thats how I feel today. I woke up this morning because I could not sleep and went on line to check FB. I then saw a post from a friend from Atlanta that took me by surprise. He said he and his brand new boyfriend of 6 months were going on a trip to Disneyland in a few weeks. Wait... was that not the same trip he told me he had to cancel because of his new job? He had no vacation time to take off so he could not go? Now suddenly he is going with his new friend? He lied to me... to us. We were supposed to go on that trip. We planned that trip a year ago when he was still with his first husband. He was visiting us last christmas and we had a great time. Then a few months after that visit,he broke up with that current husband but we still planned to go with him for our honeymoon. Then he got a new boyfriend... he changed. He was moving way too fast for my taste. Only after a few months, his new friend moved in... now they are 'engaged'... wow... that was fast. But only a few months ago he got a new job and he told us that because he started later in the year, he had no PTO build up yet so he was not going to be able to go to Disneyland. We cancelled our plans too and decided to go another time. But then today when he posted that he was going on that trip... that he never cancelled... I felt deceived. I saw a bunch of comments below his post and actually wrote some of my own... but then got rid of them. I did not want to be upset with him on his page but I did leave a snarky comment of some type. I then sent him a private message telling him how I truly felt. I am sure by the end of today, he will unfriend me. I am fine with that. I would not be able to trust him any more anyway. I care for him and hope this boyfriend does not hurt him. He is young and will not listen to reason. Those 20 plus years of experience I have on him means nothing to him. He is in love and we all know love is blind. I hate days like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment